Mini Workshop - Colored Pencil 101: Introduction
Instructor: Lara Strazdas
When: Friday, October 1
Where: Central Art Classroom
Class Size: 6-10 students (10 max.)
To sign up, click "Add To Cart" on the upper-right of this event page (for desktop browsers) or at bottom of page (mobile devices) and follow the on-screen prompts carefully. You will receive an email confirmation once you have completed your registration.
In this mini-workshop we’ll explore: Types of pencils, their differences and similarities; good, better, best. We'll also find out which pencils work best for various techniques, and uncover different surfaces that work well with colored pencil (some may surprise you!). You'll learn blending techniques to get rid of the dreaded graininess, as well as layers and color mixing, plus: tips for creating bokeh backgrounds, how to create realistic textures, incorporating mixed media, and much more!
Materials you will need to provide:
- Pencils (I suggest choosing a few from each brand of Open Stock) - You may also use any pencils you already have.
General color ranges: Brown, Grey, primary colors (Blue, Yellow, Red), Green, off-white (Cream, Ivory, buff, etc.), Black & White
- Sharpener (Recommend the 3 hole titanium sharpener)
- 3-4 Blending stump(s) (not tortillions)
- Erasers (yes, we will use an eraser, on purpose!!) - Tombow mono eraser (pen style), Kneaded eraser
- Soft Round or Flat paint brush (NOT hog hair or stiff bristle)
- Xacto or craft knife
- Embossing Stylus or empty ball point pen
- Drawing board or Gator Board (Optional)
We will provide:
- Drawing surfaces (Papers)
- Odorless Mineral Spirits
This workshop has something for ALL skill levels.
|CPMINI:||Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm|